August 7, 2008

Boise....

This post is probably going to be a long one :) We were in Boise for 2 weeks and a few very fun and important things happened. The first one being my brother returning home from his mission! Most of our family made it to the airport to welcome him home. It was so fun to see him again! He looked different to me and even sounded a little different, I think it's just an "older" look and sound. Anyway it's good to have him back and it was fun to be able to spend a little time with him while we were there.



We decided to wait on a couple of things until Kyler got home so that he could be a part of them. We decided he had missed enough since he had never met Brett or his nephew. We dated, got married, and had a baby all in the 2 short years he was gone! So last week we finally blessed our HUGE 4 month old baby. :) We blessed him at my parents house. I really liked doing it this way, it made it seem that much more personal. Brett did a really good job and so did Boston who slept through the whole thing.


And Finally, the most important thing we did while we were in Boise is get sealed in the temple. We are finally official. :) Those of you that know us well know what the situation was last year when we got married. For those of you that don't... long story short, I was married before ( I try to pretend that never happened) and had to file for a cancellation of sealing. 2 weeks before we were supposed to get married we got the letter back from the First Presidency saying they had cancelled the sealing but wanted us to wait a year. That was a shock and an emotional time for me especially but we put our trust in the Lord and his leaders and improvised. Everything went really well and now we are officially an eternal family. Obviously we would have done it differently if we could have but it was so neat to have Boston there with us. He did so good and it was such a sweet experience that I'm sure we will never forget.

Here are some other pictures from while we were home.....

Boston and Sadie


Swimming


Grandma showing Boston the way...yum yum


**I put all of these pictures on the Mac Web Gallery too so that Krista, Katie, and the Grandma's can download any of them if you'd like :)

20 comments:

Leanne said...

Welcome home Kyler! And CONGRATS to you guys! I am so happy for you! I'm sure it was an amazing experience to be in the temple together with your sweet little baby!

Murray Family said...

Great pictures! Congrats on the Sealing. That must have been so neat. I've always LOVED when they bring the sweet little kids in. I bet he was so adorable :)

Brady & Ashley said...

Rach! I'm so excited for you! Congrats on becoming officially official!!! And your brother is darling! I don't care if he wants to or not, when my sister graduates we are setting them up! Dang, I wished I knew you were going to Boise! I would've had you pick me up some of that exotic hair product! Oh well. I'm glad your life is going to great! I just couldn't be happier for you!

Jennie Minor said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! I am so happy for you. you deserve the best!

Super Kimmie said...

Congratulations on the sealing - I'm so happy for you guys. What a cute family!

Kim

Natalie said...

Wow Rachel! What a cool trip to Boise! Thanks for Blogging all of it for me to see! :)

Jess said...

These pics brought a tear to my eye for real... Congrats on all those wonderful exciting events that happened!!! I am so happy for you guys, now we just need to see each other, I can't believe how big Boston is!!! And cute Kyler... Dang it Sarianne!!! maybe he could go out with Natalie, she turns 18 this month!

Steph said...

Rachael! I saw your blog on a few people's and also on my new awesome friend Megan Porter's so I had to say hi! Small world huh! Congrats on the sealing. Your family is beautiful and Boston is too freaking cute for words. Congrats on the very amazing trip to Boise. What a wonderful time!!!!

Sarah said...

Contratulations you guys! That is so great. You guys are such a cute family.

Cameron Family said...

Congrats on getting sealed! What a special 2 weeks so many things packed in. Need to do lunch soon...or something! :)

Misti said...

Congrats on all your big Boise adventures!

Brandon & Amber said...

Oh my goodness Kyler looks so old! I am so glad I was able to see you and finally meet your darling little Boston! Hey I didn't know you got sealed too while you were here?! So congratulations!!

amy said...

I can't believe your brother is home! Congrats on the sealing and Boston's baby blessing. Sounds like a fun and exciting couple of weeks in your family.

Kimber Dawn said...

Congratulations to your family! I am so happy for you. And for Kyler...I can't believe how much he has grown up. I've added you to our blog list so I can keep an eye on your cute little family.

Cisneros Family said...

Rach- how long has it been since I have talked to you!! Forever!! It looks like Boise was fun. Your brother is cute. Do you love having him home? Lets go shopping and do lunch soon!!!!

H & C said...

it was great seeing you rachel. it had been awhile. and it was a pleasure meeting your sweet baby boy, even if it was just for a minute. congrats on everything that happened while you were here in boise!

The Lindsey's said...

What an amazing trip! Congrats to you and Brett and Boston for being an Eternal Family =). Those sealings are so neat to go to. I'm sure the spirit was so strong. And also at Boston's blessing. Kids are so cute =)

Tiffany said...

Boston is getting so big! Congratulations on the sealing, that is so awesome. I can imagine what a great experience that would be to have Boston there with you. If you're looking for girls to set your brother up with, I have a single sister out there. :) haha

Camron and Lonna Connolly said...

hi! My name is Lonna! Kyler is living with me and my husband out here in tampa Fl. He's been awesome to have here. Everyone knows he's cute but he's also pretty good at doing dishes too! Anyway he's super fun to have around! congrats on getting sealed. and that's awesome that you waited for him to get home to bless him and get sealed.

Nicole said...

Congratulations Rachael, that is so neat!! It sounds like it was such a special week!!! I'm happy for you! No problem about the hair. We're both soooo busy and didn't have time so I just went to my friend's sister!! I'll have to give you a call next time, I'd love to see you!