August 21, 2008

5 Months Already!!??

Boston is 5 months today! I can't believe how fast that time has gone. He is getting so so big and it's been so fun to watch him grow and learn new things!

I used to look like this....


And now I look like this...

I can do this...

And this...

And this...

Boston is getting more and more fun every day! I love the new things he does and figures out every day. As you can see in the pictures he is now eating rice cereal which he LOVES (little piggy, and he always gets to play with the spoon after, he might like that more), sitting up, and doing Dad's favorite trick, balancing on his hands. He is also entertaining himself a lot with toys and by making lots of noise. He makes all kinds of weird noises that make me laugh all day. He is very inquisitive, always watching everything around him and grabbing anything he can reach and of course putting it right in his mouth. He has been much better in the car meaning he doesn't scream the entire time we are in the car anymore, only when he is really tired. He giggles a lot (I never knew I was so funny), and he's starting to figure out what being ticklish is, although I still sometimes get an uncomfortable "what are you doing" grunt. He tries to get out of his car seat every time I put him in it, meaning he holds on to the sides of the seat while strapped in, grunting and trying to sit forward as far as he can. It's really funny, this is something I need to get on video because it makes me laugh every time! One of my favorites is he likes to grab his toes a lot and doing this rarely fails to make him "pass gas" especially in the morning but it's never just a normal little toot, no it's always so powerful that Brett often asks "Was that you or Boston?". I'm sure there is more but it's late and I can't think when it's late plus this is getting long already. I do have to mention though the very best thing.. for all of you that I have complained to lately... Boston has slept 8 hours the last 2 nights! YAY!!!! After Boise his sleep or lack thereof has been a nightmare. I think he has finally, and hopefully figured it out though. I discovered letting him cry is the key. My first lesson in "tough love". Luckily though, he only had to cry for a little over an hour and we didn't have to listen to him cry for 2 or 3 or 5 as I've heard some people have had to do. I do love this little guy so much! He makes my heart melt every day. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted me to take care of him, teach him and love him!

7 comments:

Jill Revell said...

He is so cute! I'm glad you are treasuring every moment because as you can see they grow WAY too fast!

Jennie Minor said...

I can't believe it has been 5 months! He is so cute! You are such a good momma!

amy said...

Crazy that he is 5 months already! He will be 5 before you know it! I love this age and watching them learn so many new things. He looks like a happy kid...besides when he is in his carseat :)

Cameron Family said...

He is getting so big and is so cute! Chris loved to do that same trick with Chase...boys and there baby boys! It is so cute to see!

Watts Family said...

Yeah, I feel like I never give the right advice... Now you will just have to go through it all over again on your next trip. Thanks for the hair cut, I am going to need a color soon as I am spying some gray again. ugh. I am feeling a waffle night coming on soon, hopefully this week.

The Mason Family said...

Rach- he is so cute and getting swo big! Can't wait to meet our little boy and have as much fun getting to know him as you guys have.

dynamike said...

I just about died when I saw how big he is now! It happens so fast!!! he is just adorable Rach.