March 30, 2008

Happy one week and 2 days Boston!

I meant to write this post on Friday when it was actually exactly one week but I was too tired. :) Anyway, my little sweet baby is ALREADY more than one week old! I can't believe how fast that time has gone and I can already tell that this is going to go much much faster than I want it to. I seriously could keep him in this stage for at least a year. He is the best little baby ( so far, knock on wood) and is so so sweet. I really am so grateful for my whole experience so far. I didn't get sick during my pregnancy, I didn't get super swollen at the end, I had a really quick labor, my baby was healthy, he is so cute and so sweet, he is nursing great and only gets up like once or twice in the night. I've had a great recovery so far, I feel great and have been up and around and off of the painkillers. I really couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. I am not saying any of this to brag, just expressing my gratitude and my fear that this may mean I am supposed to have 15 children. Haha, yeah right, that will not happen. Really though, I am trying to just soak it all in and remind myself constantly how lucky I really am. I am totally head over heels in love with this little guy, I can't sleep at night when he is awake because I just stare at him, and that bassinet we bought that I wanted really bad... yeah... I can't put him down! He has slept either on my chest or just right next to me every night so far. And sometimes I want to complain that I feel like all I do is nurse and nurse and nurse again like I am a cow or something, but really I enjoy that time I get to spend alone with him. It is such a special bond that only a mother and her child can share. I was a little worried about quitting my job and being home all day but I can tell now that I am going to LOVE being a mom and being able to hang out with Boston all day every day. I am so grateful that I am able to stay home with him and that I have a wonderful husband that I know would do anthing to make sure that I can. We've had so much fun this last week having Boston home! He has already changed so much in only a week. Here are some more pictures that we took this week...

Ahhh....

Little mullet :)

Brett loves to have Boston sleep on his chest. I thought this was cute.




Meeting his Great Grandparents

6 comments:

amy said...

He has changed tons... he is so cute! I can't wait to come up and hold him tomorrow :)

Cameron Family said...

He is such a cutie! I am sure you are just loving on him tons!

Murray Family said...

Oh my gosh....he is so gorgeous. What a sweet little baby!! I love the picture of Brett and him sleeping. And his room is adorable!!

Jennie Minor said...

He is adorable! Love the mullet pic. He is perfect! Hope I can see you and Boston when I am in Utah.

Krista and Eric said...

What a cute little guy! I can't believe he is here and over a week old already! I love seeing pictures of him but can't wait to see him in real life!

Julia said...

he is adorable! and I love his room!