November 22, 2008

8 months already?! Why am I not skinnier!?


I can't believe Boston is already 8 months old. I also can't believe that people have been asking me already when I'm going to start trying again! I love love love my little boy but am in NO hurry to have another one yet, crazy people. The last couple of months have been really fun with him. It's so fun to watch every new little thing he learns. He totally consumes my attention and I love it.
He is eating really well now. He'll for sure eat anything from my plate, loves his fruit but NOT veggies. He'll eat sweet potatoes and regular mashed potatoes but nothing else really. Tried to give him green beans last night, that did not go over well. I don't blame him though. Seriously, some of the baby food flavors they make... YUCKY! He just started waving bye-bye last night. We've been working on that with him and last night was the first time he did it all by himself and boy was he proud of himself. He got so excited. He can pull himself up with the bottom dresser drawers and almost the couch. He's getting really close to crawling, rocking back and forth but not moving yet. That doesn't mean he isn't mobile though, he gets around just fine by steam rolling from one end of the room to the other. He likes dog food, haha. The other day I found dog food in his mouth (Koda takes mouthfuls from her bowl to the carpet to eat, she's weird). Yum yum. And boy did he throw a fit when I took it out. I'm going to have to figure out somewhere else to keep Koda's bowls when he can crawl. He loves his daddy! He gets so excited when Brett walks in the room. He officially sleeps ALL NIGHT LONG now. Before he was sleeping from about 9 to 3 or 4. A couple of weeks ago he started sleeping from 9 to 8. Heavenly for me, especially since Brett and I have been up till at least 1 am, sometimes 3 watching the seasons of Prison Break. :) Anyway, we are having so much fun with him, he has such a cute and fun personality and we love him so much!

6 comments:

The Lindsey's said...

How exciting that he's already 8 months! You don't think it as it's happening but time really does go by quickly with kids. And don't rush for more!! (unless you're ready of course...). I love that Bennett and Jordan are only 17 months apart but I also love that they're both old enough to understand that they're going to have a new little sister and they're excited to help! Boston will be a great big brother when that time comes =)

Jennie Minor said...

He is so cute! I am loving all the new stages and Adilyn is only 3 months. So FUN!

Cisneros Family said...

He's so cute Rach? What are you talking about.... you look so good. Lets do lunch and shopping soon.

Hawkins Family said...

That is such a cute picture! I can't believe he's already 8 months old either, but it also seems like it was forever ago when we came to visit at the hospital. You are totally skinny...silly Rachael!

amy said...

I love him! He is so cute. I can't believe he is already 8 months old. When am I babysitting again??

Brandon & Amber said...

Rach he just keeps getting cuter and cuter. I love the age he is at (well I love all babies) they seem to just learn so much so fast. Just get ready for him to be really mobil. Ashlyn started walking well running at 8 1/2 months so that burns the calories!! Just wait! lol love ya have a wonderful Thanksgiving!