November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!


We had Thanksgiving at the Marriot in Salt Lake with my family and Brett's parents and sister. YUM!
I just want to take a minute and list a few things that I am so grateful for.

First, I'm grateful for a wonderful wonderful husband. I can't even express how lucky I am to have Brett. When I look back on my life and the challenges and experiences I've had, it strengthens my faith in the plan that our Heavenly Father has for us and assures me that he loves us and wants us to be happy. I am so thankful to have found someone that truly is my other half, my best friend, and my team mate. He is such a kind, sensitive, loving, understanding, and hard working man. He makes me laugh, he makes me want to be a better person and has a way of softening my heart when it needs it ;) He is such a good daddy, I love to see the way he adores Boston. I know I don't always give him enough credit but I do think he is amazing and I love him so much.

I'm grateful for a healthy, beautiful little boy. He melts my heart daily. I had no idea that one little child could have the ability to completely overflow my heart with love.

I'm thankful for my family. Now that I am grown and can see that my parents were actually right about some things, haha, I have come to admire and appreciate their strength, wisdom and love. I only hope I can be as good of a parent to Boston as they both were to me. And I've changed my mind about sisters I think. I love having 3 handsome, fun, and hilarious brothers!

I'm thankful for my other family (my in-laws). I don't know if they will ever really understand how much it means to me to have been totally welcomed by them from day one. They are so good to us and we love them so much.

I'm thankful for the gospel and the guidance, and direction it gives us in our lives.

I'm thankful for the Country we live in and the freedom we have here. Even though I am scared for some of the changes we may see over the next few years, I am holding on to the Faith and hope that I have that we will still live in a safe place where we have the freedom to choose who we are and what we believe in.

And lastly, I am thankful for our new tradition of Thanksgiving dinner at the Marriott, where no one has to cook all day or do dishes!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

nateandmaryannmendenhall said...

Rach, I am so glad that you texted me last night to get my address. Your family is darling. Boston is so adorable. I am so happy to be able to keep in touch with you now. It makes me so happy to see that you are doing so well. I miss you and we for sure need to get together. I need your email address so I can invite you to our blog. We went private. My email is maryannmendenhall@hotmail.com. Email me yours. Call me.

Fun times said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving Day and I love the new tradition. No dishes, that would be awesome! Sweet post, and I am so happy for you and the wonderful life you have. You deserve only the best!

Meg said...

Rach.....count me in with you blog...you better not go private without inviting me :-)