September 22, 2008

Lake Powell

We spent this last weekend at Lake Powell. I'm pretty sure that place is what heaven is like. It's so beautiful there. For sure the way to go to Lake Powell is renting a houseboat but we camped and that was really fun too. We went with my brother Kyler and his friend Heather. The water wasn't great, it was pretty windy on Saturday. We had good water in the morning but it was choppy the rest of the day so we spent the day exploring the canyons, jumping and swimming. We were all very sad to leave. We took like a thousand pictures; here are a little more than a few....

On the way there and only about 20 miles or less away, we almost ran out of gas :) Woops. This is at the gas station that saved our lives by popping up just over the hill we didn't think we would make it over. There was a lot of praying happening in the car.

Kyler


Heather and Kyler


Boston loved playing in the water

He loves his Uncle Kyler

And his Momma


Kyler and Heather got up behind the boat at the same time. This was so fun to watch. I know it looks like Kyler is going to hit her in the head with his board but he's not. His rope was quite a bit longer than hers so it wasn't quite as dangerous as it looks. :)


If you're one of the moms or dads or grandmas or anyone that wants to see all of the pictures, they are on the Mac Gallery ;)

Also, HAPPY 6 MONTHS to my baby yesterday!! I can't believe he is already half a year old! He has been such a fun addition to our little family. We love him so so much!

One last thing... I took the first Twilight book with me this weekend. I really was starting to feel left out because every female I know has read that book, well all of the books so I still have some catching up to do. Anyway, I am hooked and in love with Edward. I'm about half way through and probably would've finished the whole thing this weekend if Brett hadn't said "Don't read all weekend, that's boring" every time I picked it up. He tried to hide it from me in the boat so I couldn't read it on the way home, he failed. :)

3 comments:

Murray Family said...

Way cute pictures!! I'm glad you're loving Twilight :). Oh so good!

Karlee said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time! I love Lake Powell. Even though I've only been there once when I wasn't very old. But, I would love to go back someday! And Boston is the CUTEST 6 month old EVER!!!

Whitney said...

Rachel, your little family is so cute. and Lake powell is my favorite place on earth.