October 14, 2008

Accidental Bangs! Dedicated to Leanne Mueller :)


What happened to me today was totally and completely by accident. I was scheduled for a haircut today and it got moved to tomorrow. Being the impatient person that I am, I decided I would take matters in to my own hands and give myself a "pre-haircut" haircut. I was just going to take my thinning shears and thin out a few places, no harm done. Well then I decided I would cut a few pieces around my face so I had to get the regular scissors out. I then took a chunk in the front with the intention of thinning it out but grabbed the wrong scissors and cut it OFF instead. I wish I had a picture of my face. I felt like I was going to throw up. HAHA. Anyway, now I have these super short accidental bangs. WOOPS. I don't want bangs but there just isn't much I can do about it now except get used to them for a little while and hope they grow fast.
The reason I dedicate this to Leanne is because of the HILARIOUS message she left on my phone a few years ago that still makes me laugh when I think about it. She cut her own bangs and called me for help after. LOL. I wish I still had that message so I could add it on here. Anyway, Leanne, I now share your panic from that moment. :)
P.S.
Those of you who come to me to get your hair done... do so at your own risk. Haha, just kidding, This will never happen again to me or anyone, totally learned my lesson today. :)

8 comments:

Robin D said...

They really don't look bad at all! If you're going to mess up that's the way to go. But I know it sucks having bangs when you really didn't want any. Take prenantal vitamins that'll help your hair grow faster. I'm sure you've learned your lesson on patience now havent you??

Murray Family said...

Oh no!! Luckily though they don't LOOK accidental. They look cute! Even when you cut your hair on accident, it still works! Haha, you ARE good!

Jess said...

Ha Ha! I am sorry... But I don't think they look bad! I loved the pic's of Boston. If I hadn't seen him in person the other day I would be chewing you out for not putting new pic's up for so long!!!

Leanne said...

Haha! Rach you make me laugh! The difference between your accidental bangs and my accidental bangs is that it took me several unfortunate attempts and one disastrous attempt before I finally learned my lesson! AND yours look cute! You did your best to fix them that last time, but I cut them soooo short, and straight across, and sooooooooo thick! That was when I bought my first (but not last) headband! I think the message started out with something like "Rach...I did a bad thing..." but I can't be sure :) I was growin those babies out for years. But I finally did learn my lesson and haven't tried since (plus I lost you as my hair stylist... I can't risk it like I used to!)Ok, officially the longest comment ever, but since the entire post was dedicated to me, I figure its ok :) :) :)

Leanne said...

By the way, that picture of Boston in the red hat is SO cute! Owen saw it and started smiling at him. They would be best friends if we lived closer. Also, I forgot to mention that I love the picture of your bangs... just a tiny peek at your eyes, the rest bangs! Cute Rach!

The Carlsens said...

Accident or not, they look great. I really mean that too!

Blackham said...

That is so funny Rach. It happens to the best of us! If it makes you feel better I think they look great. you could shave your head and you would still look perfect. You have such a beautiful face it doesn't matter what you do! Talk to you later. We really need to get together. That little boy of yours is about the cutest thing ever. Love ya, Ash

Jennie Minor said...

I think they look good. Let's see a pic with your whole face. That is a funny story I laughed out loud!