May 13, 2008

My new best friend


When we got home from our weekend trip, this was waiting for me on the front porch. I ordered it last week because I am tired of feeling fat and not just "feeling" fat but feeling reality by not being able to pull my "skinny jeans" up over my butt! This is not fun. Sometimes I wake up and think maybe today they will fit... haha WRONG! I realize that there needs to be some patience involved but, I have put it off long enough and decided it is time to take some serious action! And since it is near impossible to get to the gym very often with a baby and a husband that works from 8am to 8pm most days in the summer, I decided this is how I'll have to do things. My dad and I have made a bet with each other to lose all of the weight we want to lose by the time my brother Kyler gets home from his mission which is at the end of July. So, we have 10 weeks to reach our goal and cheer each other on! If you're reading this Dad, remember that you don't want to have to owe me any money!! :) Anyway, I took it out for the first time today and loved it! Our neighborhood is pretty much on a mountain so everything is uphill, this should be good for my butt. I was worried that Boston wouldn't do well today because he was a little cranky this morning and he was crying when I went to put him in the stroller but no worries, this is him literally 2 seconds after laying him down! Check out his cute Red Sox beanie!

4 comments:

Misti said...

Yay! Good for you. I will totally come bring my stroller and brave all the Traverse hills with you. My butt needs the work worse than yours!!

Shelley said...

I think I would like to be chauffeured around in that! It looks great - and I'm sure you'll look great soon too!

Jennie Minor said...

How fun! That looks like a nice walking/running stroller. SOOO nice!

Tolly & Lennon said...

I completely understand. It's easy to be super hard on yourself when looking at your post-baby body in the mirror. Truly, truly, truly, be patient. Let your body recover -- pregnancy and delivery are huge changes! I'm excited for you to reach your goal and feel great! Exercise has helped my body tons but has helped my mind and emotions, too. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS SOON!!!