May 13, 2008

Weekend in Boise

This last weekend we went to Boise for Mother's Day and my birthday which happened to be on the same day this year. It was a good weekend but it always goes way too fast. While we were there my cousin Derek and his wife Kami came over to visit and to introduce Emily, their new baby to Boston. This is weird... Kami and I were due a couple of days apart (I was due April 4, and I think she was the 2nd?, something like that) anyway, we ended up having our babies on the same day 2 weeks early (March 21) and about an hour apart! Weird huh. So I totally think Emily and Boston were hanging out and came down together which is pretty cool to think about. Here are some pictures of Boston and Emily...we're not sure exactly how they are related but we think it is second cousins once removed?? Whatever it is, they look so cute together!


My family, with the exception of my dad, really hasn't seen Boston since the week he was born so it was fun for them to be able to spend some time with him and see how much he has changed in the last couple of months. Here are some pictures of him with his Grandma and Grandpa ( it is still very weird for me to think of my mom and dad as "grandma and grandpa", they just still seem so young to me, and I know I just scored some points with that sentance :) )




And this is how I spent the afternoon on my first Mother's Day... perfect...a nap with my little man :)



For Mother's Day/my birthday Brett got me the best present ever! He got tickets to see Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian in Vegas! I am so excited! I have wanted to see it there for so long. I love love love Phantom and have seen in on Broadway but have heard that the one at the Venetian is even better. We are going at the end of the month and I can't wait! Thanks babe! Love you!

4 comments:

Brandon & Amber said...

Hey Rach! I was just looking at all your pics and seriously I started crying. I know its probably cause I am pregnant but I just want to tell you that I am so happy for you to be a mom! It is so rewarding and a blessing everyday! I hope you had a great Mother's Day and Birthday weekend! Hopefully next time your in town I can come see your sweet baby! Love ya! (He is adorable!)

Hawkins Family said...

I am so impressed with your blogging Rach! I hadn't checked it in a while and I missed so much. All of the pictures are SO adorable! It looks like you had a nice Mother's Day/Birthday. Boston has filled out a lot just since I saw you guys a few weeks ago! In the pictures with your cousins baby he looks a lot like your baby pictures I think...before I thought he looked more like Brett, but in those pictures he totally looks like you!

Anonymous said...

so cute! glad we got to see you all! we linked to your blog, it will be fun to watch Boston grow and change with Emily!

Brady & Ashley said...

Hey Rach! I have seen Phantom at the Venetian and you are going to love love love it! Boston is looking cuter & cuter everytime I see him! Didn't think it was possible!