May 7, 2008

Park City, a birthday and a bath...

May is a fun month, we have both of our birthdays in May and then our anniversary and now Mother's Day for me too!
This last weekend was Brett's birthday and we got to spend it in Park City. His parents have a condo in Park City so every 8 weeks we get to go up there for a little get away that's not too far away. It is so relaxing up there, we love it. Saturday was Brett's birthday, we kind of slept in (a little harder to do now) and then Brett's mom made his favorite sourdough pancakes for him for breakfast. We went shopping at the outlets with our birthday money from his parents and then we came back and played Brett's birthday present from me... the Wii! Yes, I finally conquered the long search for an available Wii. I have been calling Best Buy and some other stores since October. I thought I might be able to get one for Christmas.. yeah right, but I did finally get one so we're happy. It's really fun to play! I'm lame and didn't take any pictures in Park City or for Brett's birthday but we're having one big party this week for Brett and I and our nephew Gray so I'll get some then :)
I do though have some pictures from Boston's bath yesterday. Thanks to my friend Erin, we no longer have tears/screaming bloody murder during bath time. I was just giving Boston his baths in the kitchen sink, this was the easiest because I didn't want one of those huge plastic tub things. He did not like those baths and it was stressful for me becasue he's so skinny and slippery already but when he's mad he does that "im not going to bend" trick where he gets all straight and stiff so he would just slip all around. But... not anymore. Erin gave me this little baby recliner thing for the tub and it is awesome. It's small so not hard to store like those plastic tubs and he can just lounge in the tub and he does! It's so great. He doesn't cry, he just lays there now and relaxes! Thanks Erin!

See, there's no crying


And still happy...


Haha, this is just Boston hanging out on the Yoga ball. Brett put him on the ball one night when he was grouchy cause he had gas and it worked. He just calmed down and hung out.

14 comments:

tim and priscilla said...

hey!!!! i have thought about you at different times and wondered how i would ever get in touch! o.k., i live in lehi also!!! do you get bored like me? we have to hang out! call me, my number is 801-358-5098. i never have any plans, so come over and we can do lunch. you have such a cute baby!we have to catch up on so much!

tim and priscilla said...

oh, let me know if you still do hair!

Murray Family said...

We have that same bath seat. I love it! Oh my word, he looks so cute on that ball! He has already changed a lot. He's getting big! Happy birthday and Anniversary! Sound like you guys will have a fun month :)

Tiffany said...

Cute bath pictures (g rated). That's a good tip about the gas on the yoga ball. Does that work for pregnancy gas too?!? Glad you had a fun time in Park City, and Happy Birthday!

Cameron Family said...

He is so cute and tiny! Happy Birthday...looks like you had a great one!

amy said...

That picture of Boston on the yoga ball is hilarious! He looks so tiny still. Glad you had a fun time in Park City. Maybe Brett's mom should make me sourdough pancakes sometime :)

D.J, Laura and Kids said...

Happy Birthday you two and gray. I love the pictures boston is so cute DJ loves that name he was hopping we where having a boy so that we could us that name too. Too bad for him, but it is a cute name. Have a great birthday week, because birthdays should never just last one day!!!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday! What a great idea with the yoga ball. I wish we had thought of that.

Shelley said...

Wow, he already is getting so big!! I am making a mental note about the bath recliner - I am learning so much from all you new moms! I still need to hear the tip you gave Krista (I saw the note on her blog (: ). I'll just have a well of knowledge...starting with the bath recliner.

Tolly & Lennon said...

Awwwwww....that must've helped his tumm! He looks so content!

dynamike said...

I'm so glad you like that little bath recliner. We had the exact same experience with Jonah, and it is now my favorite baby shower gift to give... it makes life so much easier! And we've gotten lots of use out of it- we still use it and you've seen how big Jonah is! haha! So fun to see you and Boston the other day. Call me next time you're in SLC and we'll get together!
Erin

Jenny said...

I'm glad that you were able to find something to help bathtime and with the gas. Both can be challenging. Happy Birthday! I wish I was there. I will be in a few weeks though! We are going to have to get together!

Cisneros Family said...

Wow Rach! He is getting so big. He is dang cute. Happy Birthday tomorrow (I think) and Happy Mothers Day! Yes, lets definately go shopping to gardners village or gateway. we are going to Hawaii in a week, so lets go when we get back for sure!!!

The Shaffers said...

Rachael, I happened to stumble upon your blog. It is good to see how you are doing and how your family is growing. Your little boy is so adorable! Check out my blog anytime, tobyandsandra.blogspot.com. I am so glad life is treating you good. Keep in Touch! Sandra (Karlson) Shaffer